Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big News!

We found out about 6 weeks ago that our family was expanding…by three. Yes, Paul and I found out I am carrying three babies! I never thought that my pregnancy would be interesting enough to blog about. I have never blogged, I don’t even have a Facebook or Myspace page. Then the news of triplets started to spread and so many wonderful people have asked to be updated. Some we know personally and others we don’t. In addition, I would like to share pictures of sonograms and some actual pictures in the future and not everyone in our family has the computer compatibility to download pictures we send out as attachments. So I have decided to enter the blogging world. Forgive me for any technical difficulties, I am a novice. The above sonogram pictures were from the 12 week appointment (which actually occurred at 11 weeks 5 days). They are all growing perfectly. The top picture is “baby C” and is at a 12 weeks 0 days size. The middle is “baby B” who is growing at 11 weeks 5 days. The bottom photo is “baby A” who is growing at 12 weeks 0 days. Exactly where they need to be!

Top 5 Questions about our triplets:

Do triplets run in your family?
No, we have absolutely no multiples in either family that we are aware of. This was not a trait that was genetically passed on.

Are they identical?
No, they each have their own little sac that they live in. This is actually GOOD news because there are a few other potential complications that could occur with identical twins.

When are you due?

My due date is December 24th (Christmas Eve), but I will never make it to 40 weeks. My doctor said 36 weeks is as long as he would let the pregnancy go. He said to expect and hope for sometime in November.

Are you ready for this?

No, I don’t even want to pretend we are ready. But I think that is true for all first time parents. We are so lucky to have an awesome infrastructure in place with family and friends nearby to help. I guess we are going to take the next few months to get as ready as can be!

How is Norman handling this?
As a dog, he is used to high-order multiples. Norman told us that he does not see what the big fuss is all about because his mom had
six babies. And no, we are not going to give him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment