This all happened SO fast. Wednesday morning around 3am I was awake in bed (not uncommon) when my water broke. We immediately called the doctor and went straight to the hospital. When we got to the observation unit, they ran some tests, checked the babies and we were told that the babies were arriving very soon. They rushed us into labor and delivery and started prepping me for surgery. So that part wasn't all that fun, but I survived. Next thing we know we have three babies out and rushing off with the NICU staff. I think there were at least 15 people in the room so it was very rushed and confusing. Here are their stats:
Baby A: Adelaide Mae, 2.10lbs, 13.75 inches, born at 5:30am
Baby B: Jackson Will, 2.13lbs, 14.75 inches, born at 5:32am
Baby C: Carter Jarman, 3.3lbs, 15.75 inches, born at 5:34am
The babies are in a very secure NICU where you have to practically give a blood sample to see them. Check out all the security bracelets I have to wear.
The babies are all hooked up to a device called Bubble CPAP. This helps them to breathe a little easier. However, they are NOT on additional oxygen; they get the same about as you and I breathe. They are all small, but everyone around them is small so it does not seem strange when you are in there. They have to keep their little caps on at all times but their nurses said that Addie has very blonde hair and both boys have light brown/dark blonde hair. We of course think they are all perfectly beautiful!Thank you to everyone who has visited, emailed, called, and prayed. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. God has answered our prayers with these babies and how well they are doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment