Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY!!

Carter, Addie, and Jack in their camo outfits from Paul's Aunt Jo and family

Well 6 months ago we were rushing to the hospital in a panic, hoping and praying that our three tiny babies would be healthy. A range of emotions were felt on October 22, 2009. We were of course ecstatic to meet our children for the first time, but we were scared that they were going to be sick or worse. I know I was also scared to go into surgery and all that is associated with that. I think I probably looked like a deer in headlights, not knowing what to think or say. I also know that Paul had to feel a huge sense of helplessness just watching all the events.

That first day was difficult for all of us, but we had the best doctors and nurses around and they were wonderful about reassuring us that all would be ok. I didn't even get to meet the babies for about 5 hours after they were born. Paul and my mom got to meet them first. I do know that nothing prepares you for what you see in the NICU. No amount of tours or research gets you ready to see your tiny little babies hooked up to all kinds of machines. We didn't even get to hold them for a few days.

All of this being said, today we are celebrating 6 months of life for Adelaide, Jackson, and Carter. They are happy and healthy...and thriving! They have no health concerns outside of a normal baby and are doing great developmentally. God has continued to bless us with not only medically healthy babies, but with three beautiful, sweet, and smart babies (our opinion may be a little clouded but all in all they are pretty great).

Having triplets poses a unique set of challenges, but by working together we feel that we can handle anything they throw at us! We thank each one of you for your support, your prayers, your kind words, and your interest in our family. It really takes a village! Our families are the best around and support us in every way possible, we could not do it without them.

So HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY sweet Addie, Jack, and Carter! We love you!

Addie says "I buy all my stocks from etrade...wait what are stocks"

Jack says "why can't I jumparoo all day long????"


Carter lookin handsome in his Minnesota Twins gear from my cousin Jan

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how much they've grown. Those camos make them look really grown up!
    Very Precious Pictures! Sharon H

    ReplyDelete