Monday, September 12, 2011

Birthday Fun

We have this weird set of circumstances in that we have 8 friends turning two within 6 weeks of each other.  So we get invited to a LOT of birthday parties.  It is so fun to watch the kids.  They get to do lots of fun stuff and try a lot of new things.  Our first friend to turn 2 was Fran.  She is my friend from high school Lauren's daughter.  The kids had so much fun, but I didn't get any pictures...Fran had lots of fun cleaning toys that we fought over too.  Fran is getting a baby brother soon.

The next party we want to was Ellie's.  Ellie's mom and dad went to high school with Paul.  Ellie will get twin sisters in a few weeks.  My mom went with me to the birthday party since Paul had a conflict (read:  fantasy football draft, the guy has to have some fun too).  Only reason there are pictures of this party is because Henry's mom Courtney took them!

Ellie's grandparents had this great backyard with lots to do.  In the pool:  Ellie, Addie, Carter behind Addie, Jack and Henry.

Look at this fun water play area! (Jack, Henry, and Ellie)

Ellie had some cool toys that the boys decided were theirs.  That is Carter in the drivers seat being pushed by Henry and Jack.

Time to go, hugs all around! (Jack and Henry)

Last weekend was Henry's second birthday.  He had a farm theme and there was a petting zoo!  My children broke theme to wear Baylor outfits since the Bears had their big game the night before.  I actually took these pictures, although I am sure I missed some better shots.

Addie is checking out the goats and sheep.  She is my fearless child.

Jack wasn't far behind her.

Addie and Ellie checking out the animals.

My three munchkins walking up the ramp to check out the other animals (a cow, chickens, etc...honestly I didn't get to pay much attention to the visiting animals, I had my own to corral).  Carter got scared, he is my timid child.

These are the first three parties we have attended.  What is so strange about this is that we have been friends with most of the parents of these kids for quite some time.  Guess our group of friends had a little baby boom at around the same time!  I will do my best to take pictures at each party...don't hold your breath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment