As many of you know, we have been fortunate enough to have Nanny Kelly with us for the past 2 years. She came to us in January of 2010...through the grapevine. A friend of a friend met her at Chick Fil A of all places when she was working with twins. So I called her up, interviewed her, checked her background and we started our journey together. We had heard horror stories of families going through 3 or 4 nannies in a year. But not Kelly, she has been a great fit! Our kids love her so much and we love having her as part of the family. She has been with us through all kinds of challenges but Kelly keeps those kids line and happy!
We Love You Nanny Kelly!
Last month Kelly found out that she had the opportunity to go to school full time. We regretfully accepted her notice and started to look for our next child care opportunity. Luckily we have a great place nearby at a church that offers wonderful child care. In order to protect my kids I won't disclose where it is on this blog, but those of you who know me probably know where they are. We were fortunate that the school was able to find 3 spots for our munchkins. Yesterday was their first day...
Yummy cereal and milk!
The kids got up at their regular time (7:15 ish) and Paul started changing diapers and getting them dressed right away. I finished up lunches and brought in milk and a breakfast bar. Then we loaded them up and Paul followed to help me bring in all the stuff that is needed that first day of school. We dropped off all our stuff then the kids sat down for breakfast at school...if you think for a second that a little ole breakfast bar will satisfy the appetites of these three, well you don't know them very well. We said our quick goodbyes (no need to drag it out) and left. The director sent me the above picture about 20 minutes later (I have known the director for many many years so that really helps elevate our comfort level). Seems like all is well.
All of this is a MAJOR departure from their normal routine. I knew nap time would be a challenge. Apparently they were hesitant to lay on the cot, but once the other kids did they warmed up to the idea.
Sweet Addie, can't seem to get the whole pillow thing down.
Pooh apparently didn't want to sleep on the cot. I put their little iron-on name tags on each of their lovies and Addie goes "baby got a tattoo?!"
DeeDee made these fun pillows and blankets for us to take to school...so special (or "sesh-al")
We are getting our routine down. This morning was a little harder. First of all Paul didn't go (at my request because I know eventually I will need to do this by myself). So that in and of itself makes it more of a challenge unloading. Second, it got COLD today, so we had extra stuff to bring (coats, hats, mittens). Third, they kids knew what was going on...so there was a little more crying and less confusion. But the director sent me these pictures this morning and looks like all is forgiven.
Addie and her friend Addison (there is actually another Adelaide in her class, so ours will now be going by Addie or Addie Mae at school).
When I dropped them off, Jack saw that I brought gloves and insisted on wearing them. Apparently he has not taken them off yet!
Carter is still a little peeved at me...
No comments:
Post a Comment