Monday, December 10, 2012

The Nutcracker

Adelaide and I had a very special treat on Sunday. It was Ruby's birthday party and we all went to see The Nutcracker at Bass Hall!! I was a little nervous about her sitting through the WHOLE show (it is longer than many movies). But we talked a lot about it and I showed her some other performances on YouTube. She was in awe the whole time and asked a lot of questions about the story...pretty intelligent questions too. As part of the birthday party we got to go backstage and meet some dancers and walk out onto center stage and collect some of the "snow."

When the curtain dropped she turned to me and said "let's do it again!" After I tucked her in she said "mommy, thank you for taking me to the ballet!"

All the kids did so well and we were so proud of them. The boys were invited too but we decided it would be best if it was jus a "girls event".















No comments:

Post a Comment