Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bonding with babies

Today was a great day! First of all we found out yesterday afternoon that Adelaide got off her CPAP! We waited to really tell a ton of people because they have a tendency to go back and fourth with these things. For now she has been off since yesterday around noon so that is REALLY great news. She is currently in her "tanning" bed for her jaundice. Jaundice is so common for all babies but preemies are almost guaranteed to get it. If this is the worst thing that happens, we will be ecstatic. Paul got to hold his little angel today. They recommend when we hold them we hold them on our bare chest. It offers several benefits to the babies so of course we jump at the opportunity. I think if Addie asked Paul to shun the Dallas Cowboys he would hate them for life. She has him wrapped around her tiny little finger.

Jackson is dabbling in the "tanning" bed too. He has some jaundice as well and is trying to get that worked out. Paul had hoped to do skin time with Jackson today as well, (I was able to yesterday) but since he had already started his photo therapy Jackson needed some time under the bright lights. We have disposable cameras at each incubator so we DO take pictures, we will just have to take the whole camera and then get them developed.

Carter is doing great, I got to do skin time with him this morning (Paul did yesterday). He does not like to be moved one way or the other but once he is settled he is so content. We are sure he will need some photo therapy soon but so far he has not required it. Carter is in a different room than Addie and Jackson and hopefully they will all be in the same room soon. It is a matter of space available at this point.

I am so worn out after such an exciting day. We are so indebted to so many people. I don't know where to begin. I would like to especially give a shout out to Amy and Stephen who have been looking after our first born...Norm while we are up here. You guys are the best, we are so lucky to have you guys as neighbors!

I will go home tomorrow at some point tomorrow. It will be difficult but I no longer need to be in the hospital, I just want to so I can be close to the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment