"How do you do it?" I get the question almost daily. First of all let me say, we have no choice, we just DO it! We have a very structured life. If I had one baby at a time I may have done things a little differently, but with triplets I have found what works best for us. Our kids eat and sleep at the same times each day (give or take about 15 minutes). There is very little that we allow to mess up their schedule. If we do decide to mess with their schedule, we can anticipate 2 rough days to follow. They do not leave the house a whole lot due to the threat of RSV. They also are contained to certain areas of the house where minimal damage can be done.
Clean up is made easier by storing their toys in these little baskets...
We use a color coding system. Jack is wearing green, standing in front of Carter's blue bed.
Baby gates are our best friends.
We spend about 90% of our time on the floor with the kids. By the way, this is Baylor Bear from Paul's Aunt Bettie (if you recall Baylor Bear came in one of the car seats)
Our next challenge is discipline. Carter has started to tackle his siblings. While he does not mean to, he sometimes hurts them (not seriously). We use a lot of diversion and and separation from the group currently (I know we will evolve and adapt our discipline as they get older).
They don't always get what they want, but we always give them what the need. We try to remember that crying is their way of communicating, but just because they are communicating does not mean we should always react.
But overall, they are happy and content to just play and love on us and one another.
We also rotate toys periodically so that no one toy gets old. This one is a favorite from our friend Ella, it is a CD player that plays fun music with the press of a button. It makes everyone start to dance!
It has been pretty cold in North Texas the last few days so we have had to stay bundled up! Unfortunately we cannot seem to keep socks and shoes on. I guess cold feet is the consequence!
I would never claim to have all the answers to anything with regard to parenting. Some days I don't think I am getting it anywhere near right. But others I feel like things are...under control at the very least. I just pray for guidance and swallow my pride and ask for help when I need it. It really does take a village, Paul and I are so thankful for all help and support from Nanny Kelly and both of our parents. They all routinely teach us new things and help us keep it under control in in perspective.


What did I notice in this post? Addie has a hammer in two of the pics! So cute!!
ReplyDelete