Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Somehow the post "Honey is there something new in our backyard?" got deleted.  The draft I found only had pictures and I of course can't remember what I wrote.  So here is another try:

A few weeks ago, Papaw Al called asking if our backyard was big enough for something with a 17x17 foot base.  Addie and I went outside to measure, and sure enough, it is!  The Friday before Mother's Day our surprise was delivered.  The triplets got a new playground from Bevie and Papaw!  They were so excited they decided to throw a Mother's Day celebration.  Our family's and a few friends came over to break in our newest toy.

Sweet Ruby came over (she brought her mama Jaedeanne) and showed the little kids how it is done!

Miss Ellie was making sure we had the proper outdoor equipment:  mini-slide...check, ball...check, bucket...check.

Jack got sad so he needed some comforting from Bevie.

Addie was just happy the girl:boy ratio was improved!

Carter was too cool and decided to do some yard work.

Ellie took a ride in the wagon in place of Jack (they have their own self-appointed assigned seating).

Ellie and her daddy enjoying the swing set.

You can't really tell from the photos but there is a lot of fun stuff in our back yard now.  There are:  two little-kid swings (the kind we can put 2 of ours in), 1 rope swing, one set of rings, one ladder, one ramp, one slide, one playhouse, and one picnic table that easily seats 6 kids.

A very belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.  I hope your day was special!

No comments:

Post a Comment