Friday, November 16, 2012

Birthday Party

Did we have the triplet's 3rd birthday three weeks late...yes.  Did I think by pushing it back it would be easier...yes.  Was I wrong about that...yes.  Because we were all in a wedding, leaving town and had Halloween, Paul and I decided to wait on the kid's birthday party until three weeks after their ACTUAL birthday.  Best laid plans, a hurricane hit the Northeast and my job got a little nuts.  Luckily I have an amazing husband and family who is willing to pitch in to me look good. 

We had their party at the train station in the park.  We had gone to our friends Macie and Maddox's third birthday there and it was SO fun I told their mom I was copying her idea.  The kicker about the train station is that it is first come first serve.  Since the party was at 9:15am, we had to get there early.  Then to top it off, we got a tip that there was ANOTHER party there that morning at the same time...I got there before 8am to reserve our spot.  But all went well and we had about 55 guests!  Remember people, this is for 3 different kids.  Multiply your kid's birthday party by 3 then add 2 parents a piece and you will get there real quick.  We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family to help us celebrate.

Cue abnormal amount of pictures...

It was a VERY windy day.

The pavilion isn't glamorous, but we made it work!

The kids liked just sitting on the train before it left.

Aunt Whitney, Addie & Jack.

Conductor Jack!

We got 12 dozen donut holes, 2 dozen pigs in a blanket and 2 dozen regular donuts...my kids made sure we didn't have any leftovers. 

People were literally in awe with how many donuts my children consumed. 

I was taking pictures and sweet Hazel knew just what to do!

The train left 1/2 an hour late...so we had some entertaining to do!

Sweet Ruby and her amazing grandmother. 

Our friend Charlotte and her mom.  Charlotte is a school and church friend.

Macie and Maddox, we copied their party!

Holden is our friend from school, Jack talks about him constantly!

This is Carter J from school.  About 9 months ago he taught our Carter all about Superman, the conversations these kids must have!

That's Meagan's mom, but Anna is in the TCU shirt in front of her mom and brother, Zander.

Hazel and Ella with their moms.

Tommy had a rough time waiting, but was happy as a clam when the train took off!

Our friends from church, waiting patiently!!

John and Mary are friends from college and their daughter Lila.

Our buddy Henry and his mom.

When are we going to leave already??!!

 Good thing DeeDee was there!

Cake time! 






No comments:

Post a Comment