Saturday, January 19, 2013

On The Mend

Wow, we have had QUITE a week. Sunday, Addie started feeling bad, and went downhill very quickly. We were at DeeDee and Poppy's house and she started showing every symptom of the dreaded flu. I called her doctor and spoke to a nurse who gave me some tips and suggested I get her in on Monday.

She and I slept in the guest bed Sunday and she was up all night with aches and nausea. She actually slept until 9am! That's not MY little girl?!

So Monday she went to the doctor, but had improved significantly. They tested her for flu and it came back negative! The doc said that either her flu vaccination allowed her to fight off the flu virus quickly, or it was another virus. Either way, there is nothing really to give her outside of ibuprofen.

So that was good news. I had kept the WHOLE family home as a precaution. So Tuesday, BeeBee came over and stayed with Addie while we all went to school/work. Tuesday afternoon, Carter spiked a temp and complained his ear hurt (he asked for a bandaid to help it).

Wednesday, Addie still was running a temp and throwing up some so she and Carter stayed home with "super-dad." I took Carter to the doc where we found out he had an ear infection and they tested him for flu (as a precaution) which he did not have.

Thursday, Addie STILL ran a fever and was lethargic. So I stayed home until BeeBee could come over from Dallas.

Friday was the only day last week where all three kids went to school...phew!

Jack was healthy all week and even went to school alone on Wednesday. His teachers told me he had a great day and they had never heard him talk so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment