Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No more going to work

Well it is official, the doctor told me to stop going into work. We had another doctor's appointment yesterday and it was different from all the others. First a sonogram technician took measurements of the babies and we did get pictures. Of course Carter did not cooperate so we did not get one of him. Jackson and Addie have cute profile pictures (all we could see was the back of Carter's head since he is tucked in more toward the back). All the babies are growing, Carter is by far the biggest. Addie is a little on the small side. The doctor asked me how tall I was and if I was always on the tall side (I am 5 foot 7 inches which is above average). He said that Addie would not be taking after me, which is just fine as long as she is healthy. The weights are just estimates and they are plus or minus 5oz. All appear to be over 1.5lbs with Carter tipping the scales at 2.2lbs.

So next the doctor started to check me out and asked a few questions about my activity level. I told him Paul had really taken over at home, but I was still working full time. He said that it was time to stop going in to work. That I needed to basically lay on the couch and do whatever it is I need to do from there. Luckily I have a laptop and a job that allows me to do the vast majority of my work from home. We will call this phase "couch rest." Yesterday was my first day on this "couch rest" and I basically sit on the couch take phone calls for work and send emails. So far it isn't too lonely, I keep very busy with work tasks. Now, ask me in a few weeks and we will see how I feel!

All this being said please keep up the prayers. Specifically we ask for prayers for Addie and her growth and that the babies are able to incubate as long as possible!

On a much different note, Grandpa Al got these boots for the nuggets. They are going to look so cute and "official" when we wear them around!

No comments:

Post a Comment