Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Carter Jarman

I decided to dedicate one posting to each baby over the next week or so. Today's featured child is Carter. Carter was our last born and is 2 minutes younger than Jackson and 4 minutes younger than Addie. Carter was our biggest child though tipping the scales at 3lbs, 3oz. Carter did really well in the NICU and had minimal issues.


We have several nick names for Carter. There is mini P (because he resembles Paul so much), Carter the farter (obvious reasons for that one), and flipper (because his little cry sounds like a dolphin). Carter is our grunter, he grunts all the time. His little cry is so sad and pathetic, it breaks your heart. When he cries his eyes get swollen as if he has been crying for days. The picture below is the day he left the hospital.


Carter was the first to do a lot of things. In the NICU he started out in room 3 where the other two started in room 4. Carter also cried real tears first and has milked that ever since. Carter also was the first to smile, he has the goofy grin he gives you...so sweet. Carter's big news is that he has now rolled over three times.

We have been told that we should adjust their age for developmental purposes until they are 2 years old. This means that we should track their development as if they were born on their due date of December 24th. I think there are a few things though that they learn once they enter the world. I did NOT think rolling over would be one. He first rolled over at the doctor's office (he was safe don't worry) after he was home for just 4 days. So I thought it was a fluke. Last week I watched him roll over while doing tummy time. It really scared him, but I began to think it was not such a fluke. The other day, Paul watched him roll over during tummy time...right onto Jack. I guess Jack was in his way!
I took the below picture one morning when Carter was the first to wake up. I thought he may just want to see his dad...I was mistaken, he wanted to eat!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing a post for each sweet baby! This way we get to "meet" each of them until we can meet them in person!!

    ReplyDelete