Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Addie, Jack, Carter...getting ready for church

What a difference a year makes. On Mother's Day 2009, we had just found out we were having triplets and the queasy feeling that goes with any pregnancy had just set in. I know I stepped out of the church service at least twice not feeling well. I was also incredibly exhausted, I didn't realize how tired pregnancy can make you (especially early on).

This year, I get to be rewarded for all the uncomfortableness, exhaustion, and sheer terror experienced last year! Waking up with three beautiful, healthy babies is the best gift ever! We got to see our parents on Saturday and celebrated with them and a few other friends with a craw fish boil. The triplets enjoyed playing outside in the shade and getting lots of love from friends and family. Sunday we had a day with just our family, going to church and spending time together.

Jack, Addie, and Carter dressed for the craw fish boil!


The triplets are blessed with two awesome grandmothers! My mother is of course...awesome. For those of you who know her, you know she is patient, kind, and intelligent. The older I get the more often people say we are alike, what an honor. She has become the best grandmother, and I know I can always go to her for advise. I am also blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law. Paul's mom, Bev, even takes on the responsibility of watching the triplets one full day a week! I know the babies have so much fun with her, and give BIG smiles when she arrives. I think she is pretty great because Paul is a wonderful man, and that didn't happen by accident. The triplets also have two awesome great-grandmothers in my maternal grandmother and Paul's paternal grandmother. These ladies are the definition of "grace." What awesome female role models we have. Happy Mother's Day ladies, and to all you mothers and mother-figures...you rock!

Addie loves the exercaucer

To quote The Who "and they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy"

Contemplative Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment