I mentioned in my last post that this past weekend was eventful. Well I left out one KEY event that I debated on blogging about. But now that a few days have past, I think I am ready to talk about it. This story is pretty gross, so read with caution....
Our trio takes there baths together every other night. Up until now, the biggest issues we have had were them each trying to stand up in the tub. Saturday night our neighbors Mr. Steve & Mrs. Amy came over and we cooked dinner. Amy had gone home so Paul helped me get the babies baths started and went down to clean up after dinner with Mr. Steve. I leaned out the door to yell at him that they were ready to get out and when I turned back around…there was poop floating all in the tub!
Paul walked in shortly after and started gagging and carrying on saying it was the grossest thing he had ever seen. Of course the kids just sat there looking at us like we were crazy. I turned to Paul and told him he better pull it together because I needed his help! I quickly stripped down and got in the shower, bringing all three in with me (it is not a huge shower so it was a little tight). Mr. Steve heard all the commotion and ALMOST walked in, luckily Paul caught him before we were all better acquainted. If there had been a camera in the room we could have sent in the tape and won some money because, while totally gross, it was SO funny.
Needless to say, we had a post incident meeting and discussed what we would do differently. Decision # 1, don’t do baths right after dinner! We now wait at LEAST an hour. Decision #2, baths are a 2 person job. I think we got a little over-confident in our abilities. We feel it is one thing for a child to poop in their own bath, but a completely different story when another child poops in your bath!
Now let us look at some pictures from the i-phone to remind us how adorable they are...
I have mentioned this before, but I get the blog made into a book every six months. So to my future older triplets reading this: Yes, I know who pooped, but I'm not telling! Yes, we cleaned each of you completely after the incident. Yes, I disinfected the tub, mat, floor, and anything else you touched. Yes, I threw away all the bath toys in the tub. Now come give me and your dad a big hug and kiss, because we have done some pretty gross things for you!
I am laughing so hard....only because I have been there!!!
ReplyDelete