Monday evening of vacation, we went out to our good friends Mike and Joyce's house for dinner and some fun on the farm. I used to nanny for these four kids here, of course that ended about 15 years ago. I started taking care of them when I was 12, the girls were babies and the boys were 2 and 3 years old. Crazy to see them all grown up.
Mike and Joyce have a large farm and have lots of pigs and grow corn (I believe their crops change from year to year, but right now it is corn). Mike told us he had something to show the kids so we all waited patiently while he went to go get it.
Yep that's right, he has his OWN FIRETRUCK! The kids were SO excited to see it and climb all over the vehicle.
Everyone piled in and Mike drove them around, letting each one sit in his lap and honk the horn.
Mike said if we went in the pig barn we would smell for the rest of the week, so he graciously brought out a couple for the kids to see.
Cousin Alex with Carter and Addie and Mr. Dusty letting Jack have his turn driving.
Mike even let the kids ride in one of his HUGE tractors. These kids were literally in Hog Heaven.
The day was so exciting, I don't know if we could have fit any more new things into it.









No comments:
Post a Comment